The Center for Women is seeking several volunteer financial coaches to assist women in transition after a divorce, separation, loss of a spouse, or unemployment.
Volunteer Category: Financial Coach
Commitment Time: 3-6 months, with 1 face to face meeting per month.
Areas of Involvement: Commitment to providing general information and support so that the mentee may enhance her personal financial literacy.
- Sincere desire to support a woman to help her achieve financial goals
- Ability to provide the financial mentee with three separate 1-2 hour consultations with the option to extend to six sessions if deemed appropriate by CFW
- Ability to communicate with individuals openly and non-judgmentally
- Strong listening skills
- Work with her to develop a financial budget plan that suits her needs
- Offer brainstorming strategies, problem identification, goal plan generation, and alternative options when requested
- Provide useful tools and suggestions to assist with her financial development
- Avoid giving financial investment advice or “fixing” her concern
- Sensitivity to persons of different educational, economic, cultural or racial backgrounds.
- Make a minimum three month commitment to developing and maintaining a financial coach relationship with a woman in transition
- Attend enrollment meeting with CFW Manager before meeting mentee
- Attend an Introductory Meeting at CFW with Manager and mentee
- Respond to regular check-ins via phone and email from CFW Manager and complete an exit survey